Restaurants Development Co., Ltd.
We advise that you read and understand this Policy where it relates to you. The content of this Policy is as follows.
1. Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to the Processing of the Personal Data of all our customers, including users or visitors of our website. Please note that we have obtained a license to operate and provide restaurant services under the trademark KFC, only for the following branches. http://www.rdthailand.com/our-restaurant/th
If you use our food services via our partners or third parties, such as food delivery service providers, or via Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd., i.e., the use of services through its Call Center or KFC’s website, the Processing of your Personal Data will also be subject to the privacy policies of any such relevant persons/parties. Therefore, we advise that you carefully study and understand the privacy policies of our partners or such third parties.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to a natural person that enables such person to be identified, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of a deceased person in particular.
“Sensitive Personal Data” means any Personal Data as described in Section 26 of the PDPA, as amended from time to time, as well as any other applicable laws and regulations, which includes Personal Data pertaining to race, ethnicity, political, religious, or philosophical beliefs, sexual behavior, criminal records, health data, disability, labor union, genetic data, biometric data, or any other data that may similarly affect data subjects.
“PDPA” means the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019), as amended from time to time, as well as any subordinate laws issued by virtue of the PDPA.
“PDPC” means the Personal Data Protection Commission.
3. The Types of Personal Data that We Process
We may Process the following Personal Data that relates to you:
(1) General personal information, such as your name and surname, email address, address, telephone number, or other contact details;
(2) Information about your food orders and your purchase of gift vouchers, including information about your payment for our food products and services, your bank account details, and, in some cases, a copy of your ID card;
(3) Information about your user account and other relevant information, or any information obtained through your visit to our website, such as your IP address, website usage behavior, etc.
(4) User accounts created by you with food delivery service providers, such as LINE, Grab, Foodpanda, etc.
(5) Information about your complaints and satisfaction surveys that you answer, whether through our website or via any other channels;
(6) Pictures and visual and audio recordings obtained from CCTV cameras at our branches, premises, or other properties; and
(7) Other information that is necessary for entering into a transaction or a contract with you, or for establishing a legal relationship with you, as the case may be.
In the case the Company will collect the Personal Data other than those proscribed in this Policy, the Company inform you in accordance with the conditions prescribed by the PDPA.
When we collect a copy of an ID Card, we do not intend to collect any Sensitive Personal Data that appears on it, such as your religion and/or blood type (if any). Therefore, we suggest that you conceal such Sensitive Personal Data, before providing a copy of your ID Card to us. If you provide us with any documents that contain Sensitive Personal Data, such Sensitive Personal Data will be blinded by us. We confirm that in doing so, we do not have any corrupt or criminal intent, but we merely intend to collect only the Personal Data that is necessary, in accordance with the PDPA.
However, if it is necessary for us to collect any Sensitive Personal Data that appears on your ID Card, we will conform to the conditions regarding personal data protection, as prescribed by the PDPA.
4. How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
In general, we collect your Personal Data using the following methods:
(1) Directly from you, when you contact us through any of our branches, when you visit our website, or when you contact us directly, through any channels, such as via telephone, email, or through any of our branches, or when you are present at any of our branches, premises, or other properties where CCTV cameras are installed; and
(2) Through third parties involved in the provision of our food services, such as:
- Food delivery service providers, such as LINE, FoodPanda, and Grab; and
- Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd., who has granted a license to us to operate its food services.
5. Purposes for Processing your Personal Data
We Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
(1) Necessity for entering into, or the performance of, a contract:
(a) To provide our food services, through whatever channels, such as at our branches, through our website, the Call Center of Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd., or through food delivery service providers; and
(b) To enter into a contract or establish a legal relationship with you, or to execute the rights and comply with the obligations under said contract or legal relationship.
(2) For the legitimate interests of the Company or any involved persons:
(a) To provide privileges or offer sales promotions to you, including in collaboration with our business partners, such as to provide food discounts by providing telephone numbers you registered with the network provider, which is our business partner;
(b) To provide services through electronic communication channels via the Internet, such as to enable you to access our website content, social media platforms, or any of our services in particular, including to process your website or social media platform usage behavior in order to analyze your usage behavior, understand your preferences, customize our website or social media platforms, or to assess, operate and improve our website or social media platforms;
(c) To communicate with respect to the provision of food services;
(d) To handle complaints and carry out satisfaction evaluations with respect to the provision of our services to you;
(e) To analyze and create statistics concerning the provision of food services, such as to conduct market surveys, meta-analysis, and statistical research, and to report or assess our financial performance;
(f) To develop and improve our services;
(g) To restructure the Company for the purpose of carrying out organizational restructuring, or engaging in such a transaction as the acquisition or sale of any part of our Company (if any);
(h) To manage data for the purpose of managing, storing, recording, backing up, or destroying Personal Data; and
(i) To ensure safety at our branches, premises, or other properties where CCTV cameras are installed.
(3) For compliance with laws:
(a) To comply with laws concerning the provision of our services; and
(b) To act in accordance with any orders, notifications, regulations, or rules issued by a government authority.
We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data, such as information about your religion or blood type (if any) that appears on a copy of your ID Card in order to enter into a contract or to establish a legal relationship with you, or to comply with any contract between you and the Company, as well as to perform any acts as required by law, only with your prior consent.
(5) For the establishment, exercising, compliance or defense of legal claims (if any)
(6) For any actions in relation to the above purposes
If you do not provide any Personal Data that is necessary for entering into a contract or for compliance with the law concerning the provision of our food services or other services, we may be unable to provide services to you, or enter into a contract with you.
6.1 What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store web browser usage data and enable websites to remember user preferences.
You may block cookies in your browser settings, by declining either all cookies or only some types of cookies. However, please note that if you block all cookies, which include cookies that are necessary for the functioning of our website, you may be unable to access our website, in whole or in part.
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
In Processing Personal Data for the above purposes, it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties, as follows:
(1) Our third-party consultants, experts, or any other advisers retained by the Company;
(2) Our licensor and its partners, and other KFC licensees, either in Thailand or in other countries;
(3) Document storage service providers and other third-party service providers or agents, as necessary, in order to fulfil the purposes described above (if any);
(4) Government agencies or officers;
(5) Any assigns or successors in respect to any part of the Company due to a restructuring or an acquisition/sale of the Company’s business; and
(6) Any other person to whom you give consent for the collection of your Personal Data from us.
9. Transfer of Personal Data to Other Countries
In cases where it is necessary for us to transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we certify that the transfer of your Personal Data to other countries will conform to the personal data protection conditions specified in the PDPA.
10. Retention Periods
We have a policy to retain Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for the Processing of Personal Data, as described above. In any case, we will retain your Personal Data for no more than 10 years from the end of our relationship, or from your last contact with us.
We may retain your Personal Data longer than the above period, only as otherwise permitted or specified by the applicable law.
11. Your Rights to Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
(a) To withdraw your consent, or to request a change to the scope of your consent;
(b) To request that we confirm to you whether we have in possession any Personal Data that is related to you, to access or to obtain a copy of any such Personal Data, to request information about how we have processed or are processing your Personal Data, and to request that we disclose the source(s) of your Personal Data which has been obtained without your consent;
(c) To request that we correct any Personal Data that is related to you;
(d) In certain circumstances, to request that we delete or destroy your Personal Data;
(e) In certain circumstances, to request to object the Processing of your Personal Data;
(f) In certain circumstances, to request that we transfer your Personal Data; and
(g) In certain circumstances, to request suspension of the Processing of your Personal Data.
We reserve the right not to comply with your request if this is appropriate, and as permitted by the applicable law.
In addition to the rights above, you have the right to file a complaint in relation to our Processing of your Personal Data with an expert committee, in accordance with the procedures set out in the PDPA.
As far as permitted by the applicable law and regulations, we may be entitled to charge reasonable expenses incurred in respect to handling any of the above requests.
12. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend, change, modify, or alter this Policy as permitted by the applicable law. If we make material amendments, changes, modifications, or alterations to this Policy, we will inform you, and/or seek consent from you, in cases where your consent is required by the applicable law.
13. Contact Details
Restaurants Development Co., Ltd.
Address: 8, T-ONE Building, 18th Floor, Unit 1-4, Soi Sukhumvit 40, Prakanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Contact details of our Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our Data Protection Officer:
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org